0

Dreams

Posted by Gloria Wong on 10:48:00 PM
Everyone has a dream ...
I remembered one of those dreams I have since I was young ...
A dream to be able to fly around the world, to go overseas to study
But it has always been something that I dared not even think about it
Its something soooooo not possible to happen to me?

Here am I in starbucks with shibs and aud
Working on our individual presentation for the past 5 hrs or more
Decided to take some time off and reflect on today!

Today, went down to the Austrialian Universities open day at orchard hotel ballroom
Woah, it got me all excited.
Saw a few courses that I am pretty interested in!
I guess I will be going down to apply tml!!

Courses I am interested in

Queensland University of Technology
Bachelor of Creative Industry (Television)
Bachelor of Fine Arts (Technical Production)
Bachelor of Music

Griffith University
Bachelor of Communication (in which i can choose to divert to music and media, advertising, marketing, screen studies etc)
Bachelor of Film and screen Media Production
Bachelor of Music Technology !(reminds me the time when I first join FSV, music tech is something I wanna do initially)

Murdoc University
Bachelor of Media in Screen and Sound

Curtin University
Bachelor of Film and Television

The good thing is, all FSV graduates have at least 1 year of 1.5 years of advanced standing. Meaning, 2 years to get my degree! Which also means I could get a double degree in 3-3.5 years.

Job
Enquired on working overseas. Quite positive. famous job over there will be hospitality.
They charge according to age. For my age, working in fast food restaurant there i could earn about AUD$17 per hour = $20

There is a law there, students on study week can only work 20 hours max per week. which also means I can earn up to $340 per week. Convert to SG($) it would be

$411.4 per week.
$1600 per Mth
$20k per year!
 (Consider that during break, there is no limit to working hrs!)

Suggested weekly budget living expenses in AUD (including accomodation,electricity,food,transport,cloth,entertainment,toiletries etc) is about AUD270 = $324.

okok. i concluded that my dream is not that far away actually. Its workable!! 

Except that I need to take a loan from the bank to pay for my Sch fees.
Which is about AUD$18 k max per semester. Taking that I had advance standing.
Sch fees will be Max SG$50k. 
Den again, both my parents could not be my guarantor for my loan 
and that I need 4 relatives/friends to be my guarantor. :( 

If i could get the loan down ... I would most likey go !! =) Yippppeeee! 

A bunch of us went down today and met another bunch of the rest.
Tml another bunch of us will be going down again. haha. If everything work out well,
that will be so cool having those guys!

Am I just trying to run away to a far away place or ??
Now I just have to think ..

to go in July 08? or Feb 09
SOT 08? or Mediacorp 08?

This is quite exciting!! haha. Just getting myself high. Even if evetually not going, I know at least I tried and accepted by the school! =)

Due to unforeseen circumstances.. I guess I may not be celebrating my 21st bday anymore..

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 When Her Heart Speaks All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.